Restylane is one of the first companies to make dermal fillers using hyaluronic acid, which is a chemical naturally produced in your body. When used as a dermal injection, products with this active ingredient can reduce lines and wrinkles, smooth out redness or aging spots, and improve the shape of your cheeks, lips, chin, and even nose.
Restylane has several lines of dermal fillers that focus on different areas all around your face, as well as your hands, so you can get the youthful, healthy appearance you want.
Injections are priced per syringe. A consultation with an aesthetician at Cosmetica Med Spa can help you determine how many syringes and sessions you will need to create the results you desire.
What Is Restylane Filler & How Is It Used?
Restylane is a brand of facial fillers used to reduce the effects of aging and stress, so your natural beauty shines through.
Different lines produced by Restylane have different effects on parts of the face, so you can target fine lines, deep wrinkles, sagging skin, hollowed cheeks, and even thin lips. You can create dramatic anti-aging effects or minute changes that are barely perceptible but give you a youthful glow.
Using hyaluronic acid, a chemical naturally produced by the body, Restylane’s fillers increase collagen production, enhance hydration in the skin, and improve plumpness without creating a frozen or plastic-like appearance.
Restylane: Costs, Duration & Effects
Restylane fillers were some of the first to use hyaluronic acid. The company continues to improve the formula of each filler, so they are as safe, effective, and long-lasting as possible. The active ingredient is not sourced from animals, so you have an added level of reassurance that this is cruelty-free and safe.
Depending on the desired effects and number of target areas, you may need one to two sessions at first to achieve the exact results you want. Our aestheticians can help you during your consultation with Cosmetica Med Spa.
Price is typically discussed per syringe, and your aesthetician can tell you how many syringes you might need for each area. The price can range from $400 to $800, depending on the line of Restylane fillers you want.
You can then schedule a second session to enhance your appearance further after five to nine months. Your second session, and any additional sessions after several months, will typically need less filler to achieve desired results.
Treatments usually last up to 18 months. You can discuss how often you might want additional filler with your aesthetician after your initial one to two sessions. Each session takes less than an hour, and you will see immediate results.
Restylane Fillers & Their Benefits
Restylane filler lines include the following:
- Restylane original: This first line of Restylane filler has been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as a facial filler using hyaluronic acid. Formulated to treat moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, especially around the nose, mouth, and chin, Restylane smooths skin for a naturally younger look. It has also been approved for use as a lip filler.
About 95 percent of people who chose Restylane continued to see results after a year and a half.
- Restylane Lift with Lidocaine: One of the first hyaluronic acid fillers that can reduce age lines in both your face and hands, Lift with Lidocaine features a numbing agent that can reduce pressure and pain from the injection process.
Although facial injections have little pain associated with them, the hands can be a much more sensitive area. Fortunately, Restylane can help your recovery process with Lift.
- Restylane Silk: One of Restylane’s first lines to focus exclusively on younger, plumper lips, Silk can also reduce wrinkles and smooth skin around the nose and mouth.
- Restylane Kysse: The Kysse line from Restylane focuses on creating fuller, healthier lips with a patented hyaluronic acid formula that lasts as long as one year. This is longer than most similar lip fillers on the market.
- Restylane Refyne: Improvements in hyaluronic acid treatment led to Restylane redeveloping some of their facial fillers for even more natural results. The Refyne dermal filler uses XpressHAn Technology, a reformulation of hyaluronic acid, to help you maintain a full range of facial expressions while reducing signs of aging.
- Restylane Defyne: Using improved hyaluronic acid formulas, Defyne not only reduces deep laugh lines and marionette lines around your nose and mouth, but it can also improve your chin and profile overall.
- Restylane Contour: The Contour line of Restylane’s hyaluronic acid fillers focuses on the definition in your cheeks, creating a plumper, younger-looking face and profile.
When you set up a consultation with an aesthetician at Cosmetica Med Spa, you will receive a full face evaluation, along with a discussion of potential Restylane filler options and their results. We will discuss your medical history to ensure you are a good candidate for this safe, effective filler. Then, we’ll help you determine what improvements you would like to make in your appearance.
Juvéderm vs. Restylane: Two Great Options for Dermal Fillers
Both Restylane and Juvéderm are cosmetic dermal filler producers that have several lines of hyaluronic acid fillers approved by the FDA. They have both been in business for decades, with exceptional, safe results.
Both brands were among the first manufacturers to use hyaluronic acid as a safer, more natural filler that leaves your face more youthful, without looking fake.
Both manufacturers note that their products can cause temporary bruising, swelling, redness, and mild pain after the injection. These side effects should go away after a day or two. Since their injections are outpatient treatments, you can get results the same day and go home to show your enhanced beauty off to your friends.
One major difference between the two is Juvéderm’s effects are almost instantaneous, and they can last up to two years. In contrast, Restylane’s effects develop over time. While you can see some changes soon after your Restylane injections, so you know what the effects will be, your skin, lips, cheeks, and other areas will continue to improve with more collagen production. Juvéderm’s effects can last for a long time, but there is a more static effect.
Additionally, some of Restylane’s dermal fillers can be used in the hands to reduce signs of aging, while Juvéderm does not currently have a similar product line.
If you are interested in dermal fillers and unsure whether Juvéderm or Restylane would be better suited to your needs, set up a consultation at Cosmetica Med Spa in Boca Raton to discuss your options.
It Happened: I Got Fillers for the First Time and Almost Passed Out. (October 2021). Byrdie.
Restylane FAQs: Cost, Results, Side Effects & More. (December 2018). Groupon.
Restylane Lyft. RestylaneUSA.
Restylane Silk. RestylaneUSA.
Restylane Kysse. RestylaneUSA.
Restylane Refyne. RestylaneUSA.
Restylane Defyne. RestylaneUSA.
Restylane Contour. RestylaneUSA.